Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Joys of Homeownership

So hey, if you haven't heard I've been looking for a house. I found one and accepted an offer a couple of days ago. Thus far the process has been about what I expected (nothing too complicated). I've been building my credit for the last 4 years or so and I got preapproved without any trouble. Today I'm going in for the next steps of the mortgage process, so we'll see how complex thats gets to be.

The house I'm trying to get is a 1930's cape cod in Allouez. The street it's on is shared with other historic era homes of which I'm sure will look beautiful in summer. The lot is a nice size for being in the city 50' * 180'. It has a decent yard behind the detached garage. The last owners updated everything that needed to be. The water heater, forced air unit, central air, Roof, and siding are no more than three years old. They actually renovated the upstairs and raised the roof a couple feet to make a huge master bedroom. It has a master bath, two walk in closets, and a balcony off the back. All the widows in the haouse are new as well :).

I'm so excited to make it my home, Ashlyn and I have so many cool ideas and aspirations with this house. All I can say, is that it's going to be one of the coolest rebuilt 1930's alloez homes. Well I'm off to sign my name 50 more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment