Friday, August 21, 2009

Been a while

Well after spending a week and a half in Alabama, I figured it was time to get back on the bicycle. I went to Refo on Sunday for a good lap to get back into the groove (48'30"). I felt pretty good about that lap time. My goal was under 48, but didn't feel like killing myself. To continue my transition back I went to the Bike Hub ride last night. It was a pretty small turnout initially with Schindle, Mark, and I. Eventually we had eight show up. The first fifteen miles were pretty rough, because the group split in half quite a few times. I'd always end up being the bridge between groups, as I really didn't have the lungs back yet to stay on. We stayed together for a while, but two guys just had to mash it up front and break us apart. The rain did luckily stay away and weatherwise it was very pleasant, although be it a little windy.

Otherwise got Ashlyn a Motorcycle helmet and we've been going for a couple rides. We tried the BMW first and the R6 after. The R6 was definitely a lot more work for both of us, but still fun. I havent had a passager on a motor cycle very much in the past, so I'm still getting used to it. Making good headway with it though and Ashlyn seems to be enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment