Saturday, August 1, 2009

EAA AirVenture

I had a pretty sweet week last week. After yet another successful checkout of a machine last week, I had two awesome days at EAA. I went on Thursday with Ashlyn who I've been seeing for a week and a half now. We looked at all the cool stuff and watched the whole air show and demonstrations. I evan got to do a test drive of a ford fiesta, since ford is a major EAA Sponsor. One of the main attractions of the show was two Mustange GT500's and two airplanes racing from opposite ends of the runway. It really was pretty sweet, and boy those GT500's sound awsome.

Check out the Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON_2o7TpwXo

On Friday I went with my Dad two look at all the vendors and exibits. I like looking at all the new tech and gadgetry. I finally got to see my dream airplane, that has been in development for a number of years. It's called the Icon A5. An anphibious aircraft with internal landing gear. It looks like it would be a blast. The wings fold up and you can trailer it. Oh yeah me want, maybe I'll split the coast of a used one with my dad someday.

I'm sure that most of you have heard of the Airbus A380. I got to see it take off and leave for France yesterday. It really is a big freak'n airplane. It looks kind of normal in the air, but up close the engines are bigger than a semi cab. Cool slow speed demonstrations and very fast take off.

Check out the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw5bAqvRDpE

So tommorro is the Alterra Coffee Bean Classic. Planning on being their, did manage to preregister. Only rode last Sunday, so we'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment