Friday, April 24, 2009

My God, I think we got it

Today was the last day we had to get the car prepared for Road America this coming Sunday and Monday. Everything got buttoned up, the body installed and a larger sproket in place after our not so stellar performance on Wednesdays test run. so we brough her out to our private test track and began running, looking good along the way. Eventually our driver stops at the other end of the track and starts to get out (not good!!!!). We added an internal hub tranny to the mix this year and the cable housing had wrapped a good 4 or 5 times around the axle. So we disaembled the wheel to see if we could salvage it (no such luck).

I went back to the weld shop and made a call to Jeff at JB. I had almost no hopes of finding the fairly rair hub tranny. It just so happened Jeff had bought a spare complete wheel and shifter years back. Oh my god this is amazing I thought, 5:30 Friday night and within an hour we had a brand new wheel for a hell of a deal. So we installe it in about an hour and took it out for some very satifying laps. All I can say is thanks to Jeff and JB Cycle. Wothout the wheel our months of work would have been down the drain for our premeir race.
Tomorrow I have a robot competition to attend all day so you all have fun with whatever type of riding you end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment