Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nice weekend of riding

Yesterday we had one of the biggest turnouts for spring training that I had ever been apart of. 18 brave souls hit the road in the balmy 35degree temps in the beginning and ending around mid 40's.
It sounds like there was a nice selection of lengths with a 30, 40, and 60 mile routes. I did the 30 miles and it felt good after 12 days off the bike.
After the ride, I immediately got in the shower and went to NWTC to see what had been done with the Electrathon car. We added a front bumper of sorts as a support for the body and a crumple zone. Also a new place for the battery was added. This year we're going with Lithium Polymer batteries as apposed to our lead acid car batteries. The batteries are our "party trick" for the year. Last year the two car batteries weighed in at 67lbs, the LIPO battery weighs 12lbs. Some of the electrical changes are at the edge of there capabilities, so I'm hoping that we don't toast anything. The batteries are $1300 a piece so I hope that they work.
Today, I woke up didn't see any snow, went down to look at the temp (35) looks good to me. Went out to Henisrah and three other of the boys showed up for a MTB ride. This was the first time on the MTB seriously since Iceman. We toured around for a couple of loops and I called it quites after three(feet were frozen). It started to snow pretty good at about 9:30, it made me feel even better seeing it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Good looking photo. Gotta love self-timers.
    Thanks for holding up for me today.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete